Jacs Electric Spark, NRHA Million Dollar Sire
For Immediate Release – October 24, 2012 – By Christina Brezack – Oklahoma City, Okla. – With the sad passing of Jacs Electric Spark in June, his legend lives on as he is now inducted as one of the prestigious National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Million Dollar Sires.
At the Southwest Reining Horse Association Futurity in Ardmore, Okla., on Saturday, Oct. 20, Electric Jac (owned by Turnabout Farm Inc.), Shock Star Groupie (owned by Mary Sellers), Smart Sparklin Chic (owned by Carri Visser) and Electric Sparks (owned by Kim De Windt) collectively won $10,100 to push Jacs Electric Spark’s unofficial Offspring Earnings over $1,000,000.
Owned by NRHA Professional Troy Heikes, Jacs Electric Spark was shown by Heikes during the sire’s show career to earn a total of $86,000 NRHA LTE. “Sally (Brown), Buck (Hazledine), Andrea and I have dreamt of this day since he was a baby. To experience the journey and now the accomplishment of this special horse is a dream come true,” Heikes said, expressing his joy for the achievement.
Jacs Electric Spark was sired by NRHA Three Million Dollar Sire and NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Shining Spark and was out of Miss Hello Hollywood by NRHA’s very first Million Dollar Sire and NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Hollywood Jac 86. Some of Jacs Electric Spark’s notable accomplishments were:
- 2001 Kansas Reining Horse Association Sunflower Slide Futurity Level 4 Open Champion
- 2001 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open division finalist
- 2002, 2003, 2004 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division finalist
- 2002, 2003, 2004 National Reining Breeders Classic Derby Level 4 Open division finalist
- 2003 and 2004 Canadian Reining Breeders Classic Derby Level 4 Open division third place
His top earning progeny include:
- Electric Code (Jacs Electric Spark x Hot Coded Candy by The Hot Express): $204,300 NRHA LTE, bred by Janice Free, currently owned by L and D Partnership; 2008 NRHA Open Futurity Level 3 Champion and Level 4 third place, 2008 Southwest Reining Horse Association Futurity Open Level 3 and 4 Champion, 2010 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division finalist,
- Electrical Flash (Jacs Electric Spark x Shes Berry Flashy by Boggies Flashy Jac): $94,400 NRHA LTE, bred by Troy Heikes, currently owned by Arcese Quarter Horses U.S.A; 2008 High Roller Reining Classic Futurity Level 4 Open Champion, 2008 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open division fourth place, 2009 NRBC Level 4 Open division finalist, 2009 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division fifth place,
- Chics Blazin Spark (Jacs Electric Spark x HR Smart Little Sam by Smart Chic Olena): $87,200 NRHA LTE, bred by Northern Meadows, currently owned by Steve Tyner; 2008 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open division fifth place, 2010 NRBC Level 4 and 3 Open division finalist, 2010 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division eighth place,
- Lost In Tinseltown (Jacs Electric Spark x Dun It In Tinseltown by Hollywood Dun It): $81,000 NRHA LTE, bred by David Silva, Sr., currently owned by Tim Anderson; 2011 Cowboy Capital Classic Derby Level 4 Open Champion, 2011 NRBC Level 4 Open division sixth place, 2011 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open division fifth place,
- Hollys Electricspark (Jacs Electric Spark x Dunit N Continental by Hollywood Dun It): $60,600 NRHA LTE, bred by John Deer, currently owned by Priscilla Jacquard; 2010 NRHA Futurity Level 2 and 1 Open Champion, Level 3 division third place and Level 4 division finalist, 2011 NRHA European Derby Level 4 Open division finalist, 2011 Austrian Reining Horse Association Western Star Derby Level 4 Open Reserve Champion
Incorporated in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association is the standard-setting body for the sport of Reining. NRHA, with their International Headquarters in Oklahoma City, is responsible for promoting the sport of Reining and working to ensure the highest standards of competition. To learn more about the NRHA, its programs and family of corporate partners, visit nrha.com.
Photo credit: John Brasseaux
Sr. Director of Marketing
National Reining Horse Association